Spoof of the Maclean’s cover by Luc Vaillancourt, Imagerie populaire. Collection de montages photos sur la grève étudiante du Québec qui ont circulé sur les médias sociaux. – Mis à jour par @NieDesrochers.
- How the Anglo punditocracy demonizes Quebec’s student protests
- Night march magic: Quebec people’s movement takes over the streets
I am fuming.
The real tuition increase is $254 X 7 years = $1,778. Maclean’s knows it. Martin Patriquin knows it. But they cater to their clientele of rabid anti middle and lower class, 1%, anti-Quebec racist crowd. So who cares about reality? Reality has a well–known liberal bias (Stephen Colbert).
I am not going to read that piece of [insert suitable description].
Martin Patriquin did not bother to do SINGLE interview. Funny, I thought that is what he was paid for. Or is it? Maybe you are paid to reinforce ROC prejudice? I would not be surprised. I guess the rednecks will buy this issue en masse, and think it’s the truth. So good for a positive social climate, hey?
P.S. WE (NOT JUST THE STUDENTS) are also revolting against corruption, waste, austerity and dubious government decisions, in case you have not noticed!
- What the rest of Canada doesn’t understand about Quebec’s student movement
- Montreal Simon: Quebec, the Con Media, and the Greek Obsession
Yes we are marching against corruption! I guess it is because we don’t like it all that much, despite what Maclean’s and Patriquin wrote last year.
And Andrew Coyne is cooperating in the hatchet job. Oh, I guess it is normal when you are the son of a governor of the Bank of Canada…
I’ll leave it at that but I’ll add other links below.
- L’actualité réplique à Maclean’s: Bonhomme strikes back Written in 2010 but still true.
- It starts in Quebec: Our revolution of love, hope and community