From Greenpeace Arctic Sunrise on Facebook
Organize a Solidarity event or action – many actions and events are being organized around the world – see the list below! Organize your own event or action, add it to the event list on the Idle No More website, and make sure to take photos and video to share.
Make a donation to support the Elsipogtog Anti-Fracking Actions:http://sacredfirenb.wordpress.com/donate-to-the-sacred-fire/
Contact the New Brunswick Premier to express your concern over the government and RCMP’s actions against the Mi’kmaq.
New Brunswick Premier – David Alward
Phone: (506) 453-2144
Fax : (506) 453-7407
Sign the Lead Now Petition: Tell the RCMP: Don’t violently intervene in peaceful First Nations protests.
Learn about some of the background on the Elsipogtog resistance:http://sacredfirenb.wordpress.com/
SOLIDARITY ACTIONS AND EVENTS
1. Elsipogtog: Blockade – Route 134
2. Ottawa: Elsipogtog Solidarity – Ottawa, Unceded Algonquin Territories
3. Ottawa: Sit in on the Parliament Hill in support of our Mi’kmaq family
4. Iqualuit: Elsipogtog solidarity march in Iqaluit
5. Winnipeg – Stand with Elsipogtog First Nation
6. Burnt Church – SUPPORT ELSIPOGTOG AND KENT COUNTY
7. Fort McMurray – Solidarity Rally In Fort McMurray for Elsipogtog
8. Chicago – Mi’kmaq solidarity vigil
9. Lethbridge – In Solidarity with our Mi’qmaq (Elsipogtog) Brothers and Sisters
10. Regina – Stand in Solidarity with Elsipogtog First Nation!
11. Caledonia – Six Nations blocks southern Ont. highway in solidarity with N.B. protesters
12. Saskatoon – Elsipogtog Solidarity – Saskatoon Rally
13. Sault Ste Marie – Elsipogtog Solidarity!
14. Windsor, NS – Windsor Nova Scotia in solidarity with Rexton, NB
15. Victoria – Solidarity March in Victoria for Elsipogtog
16. Halifax – Elsipogtog Anti-Fracking Solidarity Action in Halifax
17. Edmonton – Solidarity with Elsipogtog – Edmonton and Area
18. Vancouver – Elsipogtog Solidarity – Unceded Coast Salish Territories
19. Eagle Lake First Nation – Treaty#3 Dryden District in Solidarity with#Elsipogtog
20. Barrie – Standing in Solidarity- No means NO
21. Truro – Millbrook First Nation solidarity with Elsipogtog
22. Tobique River- Tobique First Nations blocking off the Trans Canada highway
23. Toronto – Emergency Gathering Toronto Native Centre 6:30pm Tonight!
24. Montreal – Urgent: Solidarity With Mi’kmaq Land Defenders
25. Sudbury – Candlelight Rally in Support and Solidarity with the MIQMAK’s Against FRACKING and SWN
26. Kitchener-Waterloo – Idle No More Tri-Cities Solidarity Rally With Elsipogtog
27. Alderville First Nation – Round Dance Flash Mob Peterborough and Surrounding Areas
28. Moncton – Moncton Joins the Global FrackDown!
29. Nanaimo – Elsipogtog Solidarity – Nanaimo, Unceded Coast Salish Territories
30. New York – Emergency demo: Police attack canadian indigenous-led anti-fracking protest – emergency solidarity demo at the new york city canadian consulate: 5:30pm, oct 17
From MAN OF LA MANCHA (1972)
Music by Mitch Leigh and lyrics by Joe Darion
|To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
This is my quest
To fight for the right
And I know if I’ll only be true
And the world will be better for this
Sylvia McAdam Saysewahum (One of the founders of Idle No More) posted to Sadi Broncho (a lady I have in my Facebook): « heads up tho, lets all plan stuff for the 20th, 21st & 22nd. I think I’ll stick around PA for those days ok? I’m going back to sleep, its like 340 am here. Have to catch a flight home at 7am. Definitely tho, would like to plan stuff when I get back. » [I was concerned that this was organised without the founders’ knowledge. This allays my fears.]
Sadi Broncho says: And here is a teaching from a friend to consider around this –
Relaying a message from Theoldman’s Journal
The Journey to the Awakening of our Spirit together.
This Spring – March 20th – Equinox – is a DAY of Balance and Sacred Ceremony – a RED AND BLUE day started here on Turtle Island and then sent around the world.
A DAY OF SACRED CEREMONY has been called over the entire Turtle Island and around the world. Imagine the Prayer of every Pipe Carrier and Water Carrier and Ceremonial person opening « their » Bundles and having the largest and most inclusive Sacred Ceremony this land has ever seen and Shared respectfully with those who come forward to Stand; combine this with the Equinox – a moment of balance between the Light and Dark – and the March 20 would begin the Indigenous Spring of 2013 around the Entire World. We will watch and take direction from the Women and then network this concept of UNITY and the SACRED – shared openly with all who respect life. Then we are really talking a Movement of Spirit.
We are going to open our International Networks FULL ON – the reason – Ceremony has been called for on MARCH 20TH – Equinox – starting here on Turtle Island North America and as the world turns the Morning Star Prayer and Ceremony will be called for in EVERY TIME ZONE. Then as the Sun Sets – a call for the reverse – a Prayer ceremony with the Waters of Life – and then an evening Feast and Gifting to each other. This is the time we have all prayed for and shortly thereafter a Movement around the World from ALL the Women of the world will begin to form…WORLD WIDE – the reason – our Human survival – and the time to SPRING INTO COLLECTIVE ACTION FOR CHANGE!
Blessings everyone for your help! Lets « CALL » the Change we want in our world. All it will take is 11% of the STANDING POPULATION OF THIS WORLD – and then watch the miracle of Life unfold.
( Blessings – hope this gets discussed with the people around Turtle Island and also around the world. Lets bring about change through the choices me make individually and collectively. PLEASE NETWORK)
Your vision is inspiring.
And here is mine: all women from the 4 quadrants (the Red, the Yellow, the White and the Black) will unite and rise to defend Mother Earth.
For our children For our grandchildren. And their grandchildren. Seven generations.
Hear the drums of our determination.
Rise, my sisters. It is time.